Monday 11 December 2017

Ravensburger Perplexing Puzzles no.9 - Retro Revelry 1000-pc jigsaw puzzle

Christmas gifts


For a jigsaw puzzle fan no Christmas would be complete without a new puzzle. If anyone can make a flawless jigsaw puzzle - it's Ravensburger. In the past years I have enjoyed many a Christmas-themed puzzle - see my reviews for Santa's Christmas Party or The Christmas Cupboard.
This year, when offered a selection of puzzles for a pre-Christmas reviewing, I couldn't resist going for a different range - Perplexing Puzzles - which has all sorts of themes going on, from Cooking Up a Feast to Haberdashery, from Crafty Yarns to Glittering Gemstones... Each one is a joy to assemble.

Perplexing Puzzles Retro Revelry is the 9th in the series. What I loved about it is that it is a trip down the memory lane. I was a child in the 1970s, but remember quite well the psychedelic colourful kitsch interiors and patterned designs of the time.

best jigsaw puzzles


The nostalgic photo taken by Devon-based photographer Greg Shepherd is the homage to the 1970s wild parties, with lots of booze and cheese and pineapple snacks on toothpicks. Incidentally I recently served this vintage party appetizer to our guests, and we were all reminiscing about what we ate in those days.



The photo shows a vintage cocktail bar, genuine 70s style wallpaper, a pineapple ice bucket and a fabulous design chair...
There is the sun burst clock - now very retro and collectible...


There are soda syphons, a home bar, from where cocktails of all colours were served.



This high quality 1000 piece cardboard jigsaw puzzle measures 50x70cm when finished. It is suitable for ages 12+ and is made of strong premium grade cardboard with linen finish to minismise flare.


I've been working on this puzzle last month, watching Alias Grace on Netflix, when kids were at school. This is most likely my last jigsaw puzzle of the year. There is just a week left until school holidays start, and then I won't have any me-time to relax.

This colourful puzzle will make a great gift for any jigsaw puzzle fan - for Christmas or any other occasion.


Disclosure: I received this puzzle for the purposes of reviewing. All opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I miss cheese and pineapple snacks. The puzzle looks great.

    ReplyDelete