Saturday 15 October 2016

The Tea Route



"A traditional Englishman drinks tea to the point where his blood has long-since been replaced with an infusion of Ceylon, Assam, and Darjeeling"
Fennel Hudson, A Meaningful Life - Fennel's Journal - No.1

I often say that I drink so much tea it must be flowing in my veins. My kitchen can compete with the local branch of a famous tea brand. I'm always excited to discover new brands and new blends.

Tearoute is a new online tea shop with a Greek twist, which has been launched by tea enthusiast Milena Bottero.



Its range of over 80 teas is impressive, with such a wide choice there is sure some blend to tempt you.
Tearoute introduces an aromatic selection of whole leaf teas inspired by the Mediterranean and top quality single origin teas from Asia.
The list of teas is extensive - from flavoured and wellness teas to true origin white, green and black teas.
Tea blends include natural ingredients like dried fruit, flower blossom, spices as well as essential oils.
I have tried two of Tearoute teas: Gardens of Bukhara and The Earth Song.

Gardens of Bukhara oolong flavoured tea is fragrant with sweet spice aromas.
I have chosen it because I loved the name and the list of ingredients including Oolong tea, pineapple and coconut pieces, cranberries and orange pieces rose buds and petals, shredded coconut, pomegranate, vanilla and more.
Many years ago when I was a child, my Dad visited Bukhara, and his travel stories made it sound like a magic place. I also loved reading a story of Avicenna, dreaming of visiting this beautiful place one day. Alas, I never travelled that far, but Gardens of Bukhara tea with its beautiful aromas and flavours brought back my childhood memories of the faraway lands.


floral fruit tea
Gardens of Bukhara tea





The Earth Song is a relaxing fruit tea with such beautiful ingredients as dried Damask rose buds from Rose Valley in Bulgaria, sour apples and pear pieces, freeze-dried strawberry and raspberry, blackberry leaves, cornflower and marigold blossoms, chamomile and more.
The taste of apples is predominant, with the added floral and berry flavours.


The Earth Song tea

This fruity floral tea is pale golden in colour. A real treat for anyone who loves fruity teas.


Having a good browse of the online shop, I loved the names of many teas - Red Square, A Tale of Two teas, Cherry Orchard, Treasure of the Majas etc - imaginative and creative.
Which blend would you choose?

Disclosure: I received samples of two teas for the purposes of testing and reviewing. All opinions are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment